Vertical CNC Machining Services
Smith & Richardson’s state-of-the art manufacturing facility features Mazak VCN510C & VCU500A Vertical Machining Centers with 51” X 22” work tables. All our VMC’s are equipped with Renishaw Dual Probing Kits to allow for quicker tool setting times and in process tool breakage detection providing us with increased processing efficiencies translating into cost savings for you our customer. Pending the design of your parts, our CNC milling centers with their precision linear guide ways are capable of holding tolerances to .0002”.
We combine advanced precision milling capabilities with an expert staff that averages 15 years of industry experience. This unique combination results in the ability to deliver high precision and exceptional value to customers in a wide range of industries including medical, aerospace, sporting goods, transportation, flow controls and hydraulics to name a few.
Smith & Richardson’s extensive milling experience includes precision Vertical Machining of a variety of metals and alloys including but not limited to:
- Stainless Steel
- Tool Steels
Smith & Richardson’s Vertical Machining Centers – Features and Benefits
- 40 Taper
- Spindle speed 12,000 RPM
- 30 tool magazine capacity
- X-axis 41.3”, Y-axis 20.08”, Z-axis 20.08”
- Renishaw Dual Probing to reduce set-up time
- Synchronized tapping
- High pressure coolant to allow quick chip removal
- 3D tool path check for more efficient set-ups
- Tool path solid model representation to minimize test cutting
- Machine layout to allow for quick changeovers
- Up to 30 tools to allow machining of complex parts
- Tool life management software to insure product quality
Get In Touch
Click below to contact us directly or to access our information request form.