Smith & Richardson's state-of-the art manufacturing facility features single spindle Citizen Swiss CNC lathes. All of our CNC lathes are equipped with automatic bar loaders and fire suppression systems to allow for “lights out” unattended operation and improved efficiencies, ultimately reducing lead times and lowering costs to the customer. Pending the design of your parts, our CNC lathes are capable of holding tolerances to .0002”.
We combine advanced precision turning capabilities with an expert staff that averages 15 years of industry experience. This unique combination results in the ability to deliver high precision and exceptional value to customers in a wide range of industries including medical, aerospace, sporting goods, transportation, flow controls and hydraulics to name a few.
Smith & Richardson's extensive machining experience includes precision Swiss CNC turning of a variety of metals and alloys including but not limited to:
- Stainless Steel
- Tool Steels
Smith & Richardson's Swiss CNC Lathes - Features and Benefits
- Single Spindle, Sliding Head Stock
- Live Tooling and Seven Axis Motion
- Simultaneous machining to reduce cycle time
- Automatic Bar Feed, Sub Spindle
- Long Part Catcher
- Part Conveyor
- Machine layout to allow for quick changeovers
- Up to 39 tools to allow machining of complex parts
- Tool life management software to insure product quality
- High Pressure Coolant to allow quick chip removal